Welcome to our Volcano Family!
Mt. Spurr Elementary school welcomes you to our family! We are not a DOD school like other international base sites. Mt. Spurr is part of the Anchorage School District. We service both military and non military familes.
Facts you need to know:
- The tardy bell rings here at 9:15 a.m. Most ASD schools begin at 9:00 a.m., we do not due to busing on and off the base.
- Mt. Spurr ends at 3:45 p.m.
- We do not have a pre-k program.
- JBER has two youth programs that service the base an provide before and after care for a fee, Ketchikan and Illa.
- Mt. Spurr does provide bus service for students that reside in Moose Crossing.
What do I need to register my child?
- Proof of Residence (if you are in TLF you may use the front page of your rental assignment)
- Birth Certificate
- Immunizations or Immunization Exemption Form
What do they need the first day of School?
- Winter gear (below 40 degrees) This consists of waterproof gloves, boots, snowpants or bib, and hat.
- School lunch or pack lunch